Can I concieve while taking Bromergon?

Can I concieve while taking Bromergon for high prolactin treatment?
Asked On : Wed, 22 Sep 2010
welcome to health care magic
Madam first of all you should identify the cause for high prolactin levels.
They elevate in pituitary adenomas,,or during drug intake like anti psychotic drugs...
For small pituitary adenomas,bromergon(bromocriptine) is needed..
After returning the normal levels of prolactin,you may conceive provided other conditions should be normal like thyroid profile etc.,,
hope you understand my suggestion..
Thank you
Nephrologist Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha's  Response
Thanks for the query

Yes u can contine taking bromergon while trying to conceive and also through pregnancy. You wont face any problem due to bromergon, It is considered to be safe and wont cause fetal malformations as well

Have a healthy living

Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
If your prolactin level is too high, you need to get an MRI head to be done to rule out any pituitary tumor( microadenoma)
you continue bromergon it will let prolactin to come down. if you have with low FSH and LH then you will need ovulation induction with injections called gonadotropins to get pregnant
so for it you consult the infertility specialist
take care