Can I be pregnant if my periods are delayed by one day ?

july 26th is my periods date but i didnot get on that day.then next day afternoon i got my i really dont know im pergent r not.please doctor can u help me out from this.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jul 2011
Hi Radhika,

Welcome to HCM.
If the blood flow is as you normally have during your periods then, it may be periods which are delayed by a couple of days, which is quite normal.
If you still doubt that you may be pregnant get a urine pregnancy test done. If the result is negative then this has to be your regular periods otherwise consult a obstetrician and you may need an ultrasound scan after one week.
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi welcome to Healthcaremagic

Periods can vary + or - 2 days the normal time in a regular menstrual cycle i.e 28+/- 2 days.... but you have got bleeding after one day delay suggestive of the normal periods, hence there is no chances of being pregnant.... but still if you feel pregnant wait for some more days, then the bleeding may continue.. or if doesn't continue you can do UPT test...
Hope I have answered your question..

General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Radhika,
get a urine pregnancy test done.