Can I ask a doctor to look into my liver report and advise if alcohol causes variation ?

Hi, FBS, Plasma 89 Lipid Profile Cholestols, serum 204 Triglyceride 160 LDL 120 HDL 52 VLDL 32 Liver Funcation Test Protein 7.3 Albumin 3.9 Bilirubin(t) 0.8 Bilirubin Direct SGOT AST 111 SGPT ALT 210 Alkaline Phosphatase 92 Globulin 3.4 These are the result of my recent blood test where AST/ALT levels are up-normal. I am 38 years old and used to drink alcohol on an average of 180 ml per day for almost 8 years plus. Now it is reduced to weekends. Four years back I had done an ultrasound and doctor said my liver is slightly enlarged. Is it alcohol causing my ast/alt up-normality? Regards Mike
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012