Can I ask a doctor to check the MRI reports of my knee and suggest if an arthroscopy is necessary ?

hi, I am 27 year old guy, having pain in left knee since last 06 months, recently got MRI of the left joint knee of which report is as follows: 1) There is evidence of linear increase signal of T1W and fat suppressed images in the posterior horn of medial meniscus. It is not extending upto the articular surface, representing grade II tear. 2) Minimal Joint effusion is present. (3) A focal area of subchondral erosion of the patella is noted (4) The Lateral Miniscus, anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments and the medial and lateeral collateral ligaments are intact. Well, I m confusing that my ortho surgeon is advising arthroscopy in this connection. please guide me if arthroscopy is safe ? is there any after math effect? .... Waiting for your positive resposnse...
Asked On : Tue, 29 Mar 2011