Can I ask a doctor to check if the current line of treatment advised for my son suffering from ear infections is correct ?

Please do give me a response i'm an extremely worried mom My son is 5 yr old and he started having ear infections very often when he was 3 year old .Then we were reffered to an ENT and he diagnosed him with blockage in his ears and asked us to give the ENT a visit again after three months and the blockage luckily got cleared.My family doc kept on diagnosing my son with sinus problem .I don t know what she ment by that and we started giving our son anti allergics during allergy seasons and it made some improvements and he began to get less ear infections .My doc also kept diagnosing my son with eczema and recently an skin specialist diagnosed him with atopic dermatitis and also said that my son is suffering from asthematic bronchitis and this atopic dermatitis has a connection with the bronchitis thing.My son has been having coughs ,runny nose and the cough at night gets stronger and no cough syrups make his cough go away .I never hear any wheezing sound when he breaths and he never had breathlessness its just cough ,runny nose and sometimes with fever when he catches ear infection along with it.He recently had cough ,fever and ear infection and now my family physician has prescribed him with ventolin (beta blocker) ,fluvent,prednisone,coactifed,cefprozil .Is this the correct diagnosis for him please do let me know i m extremely worried about his bronchitis and is there any test through which we can figure out that its the right diagnosis.I also noticed that while he was ill if he starts to run,or laugh hard he starts to have cough again .Please do give me a reply .Sometimes at night his cough keeps on going for almost half an hour or sometimes for almost an hour and he vomits sometimes when he coughs .Another thing he has been having ear infections when he started his kindergarten in year 2009 and the infections began to hit him very often since then. This time he had his ear infection after 4months and that strange cough he started to have since last year . (Please note that when we told our physician that his cough last for an hour at night its only then she gave him only fluvent twice daily and now just recently she had given him ventolin and I have used ventolin just once for my son.Our doc never did any tests for his bronchitis and its just us who told our family physician that our skin specialist suspected my son has asthematic bronchitis ). Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 19 Mar 2011