Can I ask a doctor about my diabetic mother's X-ray and urine test ?

hi Doc my mother is 50 years old with diabetes . She has a history of hysterectomy and appendectomy . She had an X-ray that proves that the liver was hyperechoeic with reduced reflectivity of portal veins. It measured 13.17cm in MCL and no focal lesions seen on it. There are no intrahepatic or extrahepatic biliary duct dilatations. The gall bladder, pancreas and spleen are all normal in size and echopattern. There are no calculi seen in the gall bladder. The left kidney was (12.34 X 5.74)cm and the right being (9.64 X 432)cm. The left is slightly larger thatn the right kidney but they both show good corticomedulary differentiation.No renal calculi or hydronephrosis seen bilaterally. The great vessels are unremarkable. No focal abdominal masses or ascites seen. Pelvic USG is, The uterus is absent(Post TAH) Normal Urinary bladder wall thickness. No focal masses seen in the Urinary bladder. Conclusion is, Fatty Liver Slighly enlarged left kidney compared to the right - Please rule out possible infection. Her Doctor was asked to rule out possible infection. A urine C/S and Urine R/E was conducted and the results below as follows. Urine C/S Pus cells per HPF 5 RBCs per HPF 0 Epithelial Cells per HPF 1 S. Haematobium not seen Cast not seen T. vaginalis not seen Yeast - like cells not seen Culture no bacterial growth viable count 0 bact/ml Urine R/E Appearance Hazy colour Straw pH 6.0 Specific Gravity 1.010 Protein Positive (3+) Leucocytes Negative Glucose Positive (3+) Urobilinogen Normal Blood Trace Ketones Negative Bilirubin Negative Nitrites Negative Pus cells per HPF 6 Epithelial cells per HPF 3 RBCs per HPF 0 Yeast-like cells Present(3+) S. haematobium Not seen T. vaginalis Not seen Crystals Not seen Cast Not seen Please can you help me out with what is wrong with my mum?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jul 2011