Can I apply any moisturizing lotion as my vagina is very dry and there is itching ?

i m 33 yr old , unmarried girl, feeling itching and dryness in vagina since last few days. can i apply any moisturiser or cream.
Asked On : Fri, 9 Sep 2011
Thanks for nice query.     
Vaginal itching & dryness in an unmarried girl is commonly due to some infection so anti fungal or antibacterial treatment is required .Consult gynec & start treatment.
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Yes,you can apply,but itching could be due to some infection down there or some infection in urine.It moisturizer does not help,please see your doctor and get your self examined and urine test done to see for infection.Maintain good local hygiene and wear cotton clothes.
wishing you good health.