Can Gynecomastia treated by medicine or is surgery only the option ?

I guess this is a hormonal problem. Im 19 years old 5 7 145lbs. I have had this gynochamastia thing for around five years (Usually only obese people get it I have heard). Originally the doctor said it would go away. Unfortunatley it has not. I was suppose to have surgery for it like 3 years ago but it was going to cost $7,000 not going to happen because insurance does not cover it. It started off soft but has hardened over time. Are there any pills or injections to make this thing go away or is surgery the only option?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Feb 2011