Can Elephantiasis in my 9 year old son be detected immediately and what are the symptoms ?

when I went India in the last summer my son 9yr old has a water bulge on his feet , I thought it as a mosquito bite immediately i took him to the doctor the doctor gave the antiiotics, i was still worried and asked to prescribe the blood tests to detect if it is elephantiasis . The blood tests are normal, but the doctor told if it is elephantiasis we can not detect in the blood test immediately and it takes some months to detect the disease if that is so how can i know my son is doing normal as of now my son feet is normal
Asked On : Tue, 14 Jun 2011