Can Betnovate N be used on the face to clear pimples and pigmentation?

Hi Doctor Is betnovate n good for face... I have been using in my teens this cream but not now...actually when i was using this cream I had a good complextion without any facial pimples or i have dark spots and pigmentation ...does betnovate n can clear this two skin problems or this cream have any side effects ..please let me know can I use this cream to get a clear skin..or what cream should I use to get clear skin
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013
Hi niimmynair,
I have read your question,
Betnovate N is a good cream and does its job well, and it can be used for following :

1)An eruption of hard nodules in the skin accompanied by intense itching (prurigo nodularis).
3)Infected insect bites.
4)Inflammation of the skin around the genitals or anus, caused by skin surfaces rubbing together (genital or perianal intertrigo).
5)Inflammation or irritation of the skin caused by a reaction to irritants (contact dermatitis).
6)Inflammatory skin condition with greasy, red and scaly areas (seborrhoeic dermatitis).
7)Inflammatory skin disease known as discoid lupus erythematosus (DLE).
9)Thickened skin rash caused by excessive scratching to relieve itching (neurodermatitis).

But Betnovate N is an Corticosteriod and If corticosteroids are used long-term, on large areas of skin, raw skin, skin folds, or under airtight dressings (including nappies) they are absorbed into the body more. This increases the risk of local side effects such as skin thinning, and those on other parts of the body, such as a decrease in the production of natural hormones by the adrenal glands. For this reason, continuous, long-term use of this medicine should be avoided wherever possible, particularly in children and on large areas of skin. You should only use airtight dressings over the affected area if instructed by your doctor

For pigmentation betnovate may not be suitable .
For pigmentation purposes Melalite may be used but some people may be allergic to it so I suggest you to consult a dermatologist for further guidance.

Wishing you a good health,
Dr.G.Gayatri Devi.

3 users find this helpful

Dermatologist Dr. Kruti's  Response

Betnovate n can give rise to more pimples. So please don't use that. It has many side effects.

For your concern you can use a salicylic acid face wash. Also adapalene gel at night well take care of pimples as well as pigmentation.

5 users find this helpful