Can BP drugs promote tumor growth ?

Can blood pressure drugs promote tumor growth. Both my mother-in-law and my uncle have developed tumors. If you say, no, I'd like to know how you can be certain.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Sep 2010
Hello.Welcome.First you have to tell what types of tumors are they and since when. Second is that anti hypertensives don't cause tumors as these medicines are researched in labs for many years and they are brought in the market for the general public consumption only after full assurance that they don't cause any malignancy or tumor growth.Good luck.
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
What do you mean by tumour,many people for some simple swelling of the some tissue recogise as tumour.Anti hypertensive medicines are not causing any tumpur.
We cAN BE CESo if any undetected side effect we do ot know. Thanks
  Anonymous's Response