Can BP be cured by triphala churn ?

I have just had a by-pass surgery . I have been prescribed ecosprin for next 3 months. I have constipation . Can triphala be taken with ecosprin?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jul 2011
HYPERTENSION NEEDS MORDEN MEDICAL APPROACHES.

I STRONGY SAY IN FAVOUR OF MANY COMMUNITY MEMBERS----"NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE HAS BEEN RECIEVED SO FAR THAT ANY CHURNA,OR VATI OR BHASM CAN CURE HYPERTENSION."

NO YOGIC EXERCISES OR ANY HOME PATHIES ARE USEFUL IN CURE OF HYPERTENSION.,HOWEVER SOME DEGREE OF PREVENTION OF LIFE STYLE MODIFICATION CAN BE ACHIEVED.

ROLE OF TRIPHLA AS STOOL LOOSNER IS WELL ESTABLISHED,SO IT CAN BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE.
Homeopath Dr. Ratnesh Pandey's  Response
hello
welcome to HCM
there is noproblem in taking trifla with ecosprine .but you should take care of your diet and keep healthy yourself.some time it is common with post operative condition.
but strict follow what prescription has given by your doctor.avoide using spicy and coarse fiber.
thamks
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Hi
Trifla can be taken with ecosprin but avoid taking them concurrently,let there be gap of three hours. Trifla is used as supportive medicine to reduce BP but is not taken as drug of choice.Technically it calls for evaluation on dosha format and treated accordingly.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
*The fruit in triphala contain compounds known as anthraquinones, which stimulate intestinal contractions to speed the digestive process,the supplement has laxative properties and it can strengthen the digestive system.
*Triphala does not appear to cause laxative dependence, but overuse of anthraquinones has been linked to chronic diarrhea,dehydration, and electrolyte imbalance,resulting in its adverse effect.
General & Family Physician Dr. Nilanj Dave's  Response
HCM forum welcomes you
to be precise on your query there is no problem in taking triphala for constipation problem you are having. and simultaneously you can continue with your ecosprin therapy.
Constipation gets cured by taking triphala with lukewarm water at night.If you are unable to take this after dinner, you can even take it early in the morning. If you have to drink milk, then keep an interval of two hours between having triphala and drinking milk.
hope this will help you

Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
hi well come to HCM.
thanks for querry.
ecosprin is to be taken for life long and for three months if there is no allergic reaction to it. There is no harm in taking trifala when you are taking ecosprin. Only timing should
be different like post meal in afternoon you should have ecosrin as it is gastric irritant
should be taken after meals. and trifala you shoyld take at Bed time. thanks again.
Homeopath Dr. Anshita Singh Rathore's  Response
Hi
Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum
You havent mentions your age....but still if you have had it for long time and evn had a bypass ,then expecting a PERMANENT CURE for hypertesion is unrealistic.

It can be kept undercontrol by certain ayurvedic, homeopathic remedies, along with your current medication ( which shud not be stopped in any case), along with dietary and lifestyle management.

Give your body and mind rest by eating balanced and sensible diet, moderate exercise (under supervision), and prnayaam.

All the best.

Takecare

For further enq- dranshita.rathore@yahoo.co.in
General & Family Physician Dr. Chirag Soni's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Triphala can be taken with ecosprin.
Take ecosprin after lunch and take triphala at bed time which is more advisable.
You can also take isbagul for constipation instead of triphala.