Callus on lips, cracks, peeling skin, habit of picking lips. Treatment options available?

Hi, since I was the age of seven I had a bad habit of picking and peeling off the skin of the top part of my lip. I have stopped doing it along time ago and now that I m nineteen it has turned into a callus and it turns into hard skin and starts cracking and peeling off also when I drink something or brush my teeth it turns soft and white so I clean it off and it starts the same cycle again of becoming hard and peeling off . I have tried lip balms and ointments to make it smooth,but nothing works. Can someone help me? Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012