Callous formation after surgery for femur fracture. Have to undergo dynamization surgery for quick healing process. Will there be any adverse affects?

i have a femur fracture and its been almost 4 months after my surgery, a little callous is seen. however the doctor said that its a butterfly fracture and the bone formation is very weak but the callous is seen which is a very good thing. but to expedite the healing process, i will have to undergo a surgery for dynamization of the bone. what i am concerned about is that if i undergo dynamization therapy , will it really help me in fast bone formation ? will there not be any adverse effects like, non union, shortening of limb etc ?can you please help me here.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012