Calf pain while walking, red patch, purple discoloration, cut in area. Treatment?

I noticed this yesterday when I was having some pain in my calf while walking. When I looked at my calf it s like a a red patch of skin (that s spread out a little now) its harder than my other skin around it and it has a purplish/darker red colored area in the center of it. I do have a very small cut in the purple area and I have a problem with picking at my skin so I mostly likely opened the cut up a few times while it was trying to heal. Also when I push down on it it goes white then back to the original color. I have no other symptoms with it though.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012