Calf pain, recurring condition, popping sound, unable to walk, knot formation. Treatment options?

I am 34 year old female in good health. About 6 months ago, after a 6 hour drive to the beach, I got out to terrible calf pain. Concerned me but went away afer several days it went away. But during these 6 months it has come and gone often. Yesterday the pain returned and today i placed my weight on it stepping up and I felt a pop. I was not able to walk because flexing my foot caused awful pain. Took 800 mg of ibuprofen and as day has wore on it is some better. Should I be concerned. There was a knot and swelling but seems better.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012