Calf pain, family history of blocked arteries. Worried

I have been on a holiday to Florida ,we ve done the parks so I ve done a lot of walking I suddenly had some pain in my left calf it s a aching dull pain it s near to a vein , but I m a bit worried as there is blocked arteries in my family, I do go to the gym at least 3 time s a wk but with being on holiday for 2 wks I ve not done a lot of excerise. I will go and make appt to see my GP I ve just returned home from my hol and it started to ache again.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012
The mild pain in the calf that you are having- if it is not associated with a redness and swelling is not likely to be due to blocked arteries. Muscle sprain is a more likely possibility.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal