Calf muscle pain, protein deficiency. Curcumin and cartnitine. Sufficient?

Hi Dr., this is john. Will be 60 soon. I run about 40-50km per week of which 20 is on a Sunday am. Have been running for many years, know about hydration, electrolytes, magnesium, etc but recently, after about 15 km my calf muscles tighten up and yesterday, I had to abandon my run. My shoes are good, health is fine. May have protein deficiency as I am vegetarian. Recently read about curcumin and carnitine for treating inflamation. What to do
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013