Calf cancer, radiation therapy, leg burnt due to it, on ultrasound treatment, yellow smelly discharge from scab

friends leg. had a 1 cancer on calf . removed and chemo d it. Overdid it w/the radiation so made large burned portion of leg. Didn t want to go back to that Dr. For 5 years now been getting ultrasound treatments 3X week from an NMD. He tells her it is healing normally. After 5 yrs,She is more crippled from pain than she has ever been. He tells her to leave it uncovered at home. It weeps great amounts of yellow liquid and the discharge smells. She trusts this Dr. implicitly. I go to him as well but he is not a wound care specialist. Is it normal for leg to be developing scab after scab, then peel off and start over for these many years? She says it has filled in a lot. Some of us are worried it might be infected.
Asked On : Fri, 9 Mar 2012