Calculi in left parotid gland and enlarged level 2a lymph nodes

Calculi in left parotid gland + enlarged level 2a lymph nodes I am a 26 year female 45 kilos and about 155cm. I have had recurrent bilateral parotid swelling on both sides of the face for about four years. I finally went to an ENT who told me to have a CT Scan of the neck and saliva glands. I have my diagnosis back form the scan it states Small calculi (2) in the body of the left parotid salivary gland. No duct dilation, abcess or mass lesion is seen. Symmetric prominence of Level 2 A lymph nodes measuring up to 2.5cm in length and 1.1cm in width. What does this mean???? i know the first bit it means i have 2 stones in my saliva glands - but why do i have swelling in both glands, and why does the swelling come and go? it isn t painful just uncomfortable and annoying when i look like a chipmunk???? please help
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jul 2011