Calcium pill stuck in wind pipe, Sore and swollen throat. What should i do to heal it?

Hi....53, female, no health issues....normal weight...Got a calcium pill stuck in my wind pipe. It was actually stuck there and I started to sound like someone having an asthma attack. My husband did the heimlich and it came out. Now my wind pipe is super sore. What should I do to help heal it? I did call the ER and I am not spitting blood so it does not have a tear they said. Do I have to worry about it swelling because it is so sore? It is so sore that my voice is not even as strong. thanks for any help on this issue!
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012