Calcium deficiency, persisting symptoms post total thyroidectomy, on calcium supplements, vitamin B complex. Right medication?

hi, I m Cory from the philippines... I hope that won t be an issue... please .... :)....I just had a thyroid surgery last month, my doctor did total thyroidectomy (not sure if that s the right term). My voice is now back, but I m having issues with my calcium level. My doctor told me, I am hypocalcemic maybe because my parathyroid was damaged but assured me that the damaged blood vessels will regenerate in about 2 weeks or 3. So, everything should be okay by now. Unfortunately, Im still experiencing the same symptoms. He advised me to drink 3 glasses of milk everyday and gave me calcium supplements . I am currently taking 12 600mg tablets of calcium supplement, 2 tablets of calcium carbonate suplement and 2 500mg of Vit B complex, all these I take in a daily basis. Please help, am I getting the right medication? ........... Thank you in advance
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012