Calcification in arteries, Need stents, advised triple bypass. Worried on age, advise?

My dad is 79 and quite active and slim ,but does take tablets for high blood pressure ,,,,he walks every day ,does a few light exercises ,,,but started tiring lately .he was tested today with a dye inserted in his arteries to look for blockages .he was advised that he would need 5 stents( excuse the spelling ) and there is a little calcification in one area .the doctor advised a triple bypass would be a better option because he is slim and quite fit still ....but is going to discuss with another doctor before getting back to my dad tomorrow .this is the first time in a hospital for him in 60 years ,he is worried about his age ,please advise ,concerned son
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013