Cage built in ls-51, not healing, pus filled lump on scar, lumps and lower back hurts

I had a cage built on my l5s1 in oct 2011 then in dec 2011 they had to go back in because it was not healing . The scar is all healed now but I keep getting a pus filled lump on the scar. The nurse told me once it may be a sitch comming up but there is never a stitch . But this lump hurts so bad and makea the whole lower back hurt. Do u know what this couls be?
Asked On : Sat, 31 Mar 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
If there is pus then it has to be removed. I would suggest you to get your blood investigation like WBC and CRP. It will give us information if there is any infection in body. Also i would suggest you to get X ray of spine to check what is the condition of bone at present and if there is any need of implant removal or debridement of the wound.