Cactus needle stuck in head, partially removed with tweezers. Medical attention required?

I have had a cactus needle stuck in my head for over 12hrs now. I removed almost all of the needle, but there is still some left and before I could remove the rest, my head has swollen, completely submerging the remains in my head. I have tried to recover the needle with tweezers but it has become very sore and now there is no needle on view. Will this naturally come out or do I need it removed? Is there any potential harm of leaving it? Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012
It will be better to consult surgeon
The remaining of the needle is to be removed.
There is chance of infection and allergic manifestations .Antiallergic and antibiotic coverage better to be taken .
Hope you be all right soon