CT shows 30% stenosis in carotoid, MRI shows ischemic lesion in cerebral white matter, basal ganglia, Thalami. Any good treatment ?

Hi Dr , My father is 60 years old had a head ache few days before and was admitted to hospital in india. They did a CT,MRI etc. CT shows: 30% stenosis in the carotoid. MRI shows: tiny acute (1cm) in the right frontal lobe& right parietal white matter .Mild diffuse cerebral atropy with multiple patchy/Diffuse areas of ischemic lesion in Cerebral white matter, basal ganglia & Thalami. No major stenosis or no aneurysms.No hemorrhagic sreas. BP WAS: 170/100 at the time of hospitalization. He is thyroid patient_Well controlled. Cholesterol was just above boder line. They put him on aspirin, statin and amlodipin. Please help me to know his risk for stroke and what he should follow to be on abetter life style. Is the treatment good.. Any other plans would help him.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013