CT scan shows accessory bone on clavicle. Pain in shoulder, back, and arm. Negative blood tests. Should I go for surgery?

I have a swelling, extra growth (accessory bone) at the medial end of my left clavicle - a CT scan report has shown this clearly and the protrusion is visible. This has been causing severe pain across my left shoulder, back and down the left arm. This swelling started around 3 months back and pain progressively worsened. I am currently taking anti inflammatory medication. Blood investigations done for HLA-B27 , ANA(anti-nuclear antibodies ), CRP( C reactive protein ), RA FACTOR(rheumatoid factor), ASLO (anti streptolysin antibodies) all show as negative. Should I be going in for a surgery to remove this extra growth and send it for biopsy?
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013