CT scan showed lacunal infract in lentiform nuclei. High BP and diabetes. Prevention?

Greetings, my Grandmother Age 77 years was suffering from hypertension and diabetic since 20 years recently like 3- 4 months back initially her Blood pressure was raised to 240/100 we have been hospitalized and we have done CT scan and the impression was old lacunar infract in left lentiform nuclei and they have given medications and after 2 months there was a rise in blood sugar level noted 400/160 and we had hospitalized her again we had done MRI scan and impression was acute infract in lower mid brain and pons, bilateral fronto parietal periventricular small vessel ischemic changes, Basilar and bilateral posterior cerebral arteries occlusion. Please help me regarding the precaution to be taken for further any infracts. I request to give me some suggestive to prevent infracts and also is there any chance of happening further Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012