CT scan showed calcified nodule in thyroid gland, evidence of small hypodense nodes in both hilar regions. Meaning?

This is regarding my Sister-in-law s CT scan report which says: 1. The thyroid gland shows a calcified nodule in the left lobe. What does it mean? 2. There is evidence of small hypodense nodes in both hilar regions. What is Hilar region? 3. The kidney shows critical irregularity. What does it mean? The findings of the report are consistent with lymphadenopathy in the hilar regions, retrocrural area, porta and ileocolic mesentery with thickening of the cecal pole and proximal ascending colon near the IC junction with reactive changes in the adjoining fat planes. The lesions in the right lung are small in size and non-specific in appearance. Suggested: colonoscopy for further evaluation. The etiology could be tubercular. Kindly let me know is it serious matter. Her age is 43, years her height is 5 feet 3 inches and her weight was 65 kgs. eights months back and it is now only 53 KGs. Please help
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013