CT scan says mild cerebral atrophy, mild cognitive impairment after trauma. Brain deteriorating?

CT report: Brainsteam, cerebellum , 4th ventricle are satisactory appearance. Supratentorially 3rd and lateral ventricles are prominent. There is low attenuation area in the right frontal lobe and posterior left frontal lobe due to small area of encephalomalacia. No acute infarction, hemorrhage, midlind shift or extra axial fluid collection Sulci and sylvian fissures are prominent. This Ct was for male, 63 years old with mild cognitive impairment after head injury 5 yrs. ago. Reports all say mild cerebral atrophy. Does this report indicate brain may be deteriorating?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012