CT scan of sinus shows mucosal thickening with polypoid change throughout the sinus region. Explain?

i recently had a ct of sinus and findings were as follows, extensive polpoid change throughout the maxillary antra bilaterally, there is edema at the osteomeatal unit complexes bilaterally with osteomeatal unit obstruction bilaterally, there is some mucosal thickening at multiple ethmoid air cells, there is extensive mucoperiosteal thickening with polypoid change throughout the sphenoid sinus region can you help explain?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012