CT scan and doctor said Gliosis formation behind left eye. Serious?

my son just had a ct scan and there the doctor called it a Gliosis formation behind the left eye, he has a MRI tomorrow morning but we can't think of any head injury he has had, no ms in either side of family, some strokes and heart problems. He is 40 years old and has had sinus problems most of his life and spells where he was dizzy and lost vision focus but these symptoms were a few years back. What is Gliosis and how serious is it?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013