CT says mild mucosal disease within both maxillary area, mucosal thickening. What does it mean ?

Hello my daughther is 7 yrs old and had a CT scan on her sinsus yesterday for a constat blocked left nose. Here is the results, Cn you please shed some light on what this means, so i have a better understanding when we go back to the specialist. Thankyou. There is a mild mucosal disease within both maxillary area. Mucosal thickening extends to the margins of both draining osteomeatal units although the OMU s remain patent. There is a moderately severe mucosal thickening in the fontal sinus on the left. There is a small amount of mucosal disease arising from the anterior wall of te sphenoid sinus. There is some mucosal thickening within the middle ethmoid air cells on the left. The drainage pathways of the frontal sinuses appear occluded. No fluid could be identified in the paranasal sinuses to indicate changes of acute sinusitis . No abnormal soft tissue thickening is present in the nasal cavit or posterior nasal space. There is moderate bowing of the nasal septum to the left. There are also limited views of both middle and inner ear regions. These views demonstrate considerable opacification within both middle ears with opacity seen completely filling both attic regions as well as surrounding the ossicular chains. The opacity extending into both mesotympanums where it is contacting the tympanic membranes. There is also involvement of both hypotympanic regions. These apparances could indicate the presence of cholesteatoma formation/chronic middle ear inflamation.
Asked On : Fri, 24 Aug 2012