COPD, type two respiratory failure. Using nebulizer, breathlessness. Suggestions?

Hi Doctor ! My mom. has been diagnosed as a COPD with type II respiratory failure a year ago and she is in oxygen and medications. Doctors suggest to use nabulizer but she can not handle the nabulizer at all. She tried couple of times but everytime she had a very bad expreience, she becomes almost breathless immediate after the nabulization and need to rush to the hospital in ER. Even vaporizer does not suit her. Please suggest me what can cause this type of pblms....thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012