COPD, obtained a torn rotor cuff. Any ways of taking care of it ?

Hello Dr., I have COPD and I recently obtained a torn rotor cuff. I went through all the steps of having it taken care of and after all the steps right up to the the point where I was in the surgical care unit and underwent the cardiogram, chest x-ray, blood work, and IV put in me; then, the Anestiologist came in and said he could not put me under because I guess I was too much of a risk of not waking up. Is there any other way I can have this taken care of.......it is really bothering me and I am starting to get depressed over it. Please, can you help me?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013