COPD, leg shaking, dizziness, diabetic, falling oxygen levels. Treatment?

My father in-law is 80. He was recently diagnosed with COPD , is on oxygen . He has sudden episodes where his legs start shaking and he falls. Other times, he is perfectly fine and walks without a cane. We have checked his oxygen levels, always in the 90 s when these episodes happen. He is a diabetic and we have checked is blood sugar again normal. I just need some idea what to ask the doctor to test. He was just in the hospital and had numerous test done and nothing appears to be wrong.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012