CHF is not good for a 86 yrs old woman. Is it dangerous?

Mother is 86, has CHF is not doing so great what should we expect?
Her O2 Sats @ 84-87. Doesn't eat more than a few bites of food a day, has severe edema in her legs(she's leaking fluid through her pores) and had a scope done, the doc said her valves were severly leaking. Mostly she just seems to have given up. Any hope here? She is currently in skilled nursing unit, on oxygen 5 and on all kinds of meds. I hate for her to have to spend too long there she wants to come home but I do not think we could care for her properly.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Dec 2009