Asked On : Wed, 2 Mar 2011
there is no point using isotretinoin (sotret) both orally and topically. You may use clindamysin gel instead of sotret gel for better results.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care magic.As far any medicinal use is concerned it only should be used as advised by prescribing if your doctor has advised this yes you can take it.Usually it is prescribed for skin condition and if it is severe along with local application oral is also prescribed.
Dear Monika, Welcome to HealthcareMagic!
Sotret contains isotretinoin which is used for treatment of acne; capsules orally are used for nodulocystic acne, & severe acne, unresponsive to other therapies. Since both contain same drug, it is inadvisable to use them simultaneously, though not strictly contraindicated. If you use them simultaneously, side effects may be there. Please use isotretinoin under strict medical supervision, as it may have serious side effects.