CABG report after triple bypass surgery showing anemia. Not able to find the cause. Fatigue with shortness of breath. Low RBC. What to do?

I m a 62 male. I had triple bypass 6 weeks ago. ( CABG ) Lab results from a week ago reveal I m anemic. I also was anemic a few years ago but hematologist was unable to find cause after additional tests. I m extremely tired and still have shortness of breath which is why I had cardiac cath. I ve been taking B12 and folic acid acid for 9 months but my primary care said men should avoid taking iron pills. A doctor ordered the equivalent of a 3o day iron IV post op and hemoglobin is 10 and red blood cell count is low. What do you recommend? My e-mail is ----- YYYY@YYYY . Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013