C-Section tubal, low fever, lump under the incision, hurts. Infection?

I had my 3rd c-section/Tubal 6 weeks ago. I am still bleeding red and it smells bad. I have had a low grade fever since I am home. I don t have any help during the day and my husband hates me for asking him to help during the night.I have a lump under my incision that my OB said was fluid. It hurts all the time. I also hurt going to the bathroom. Could I have an infection without knowing it? I am 40 and the nurse said that I just need to rest.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012
Hi,firstly about your symptoms,1) After 6 weeks of caesarean section, it is ok to have a littie vaginal bleeding but a bad smell associated with it is indicative of infection in the genital tract.2) There may be a liitle stretching feeling or discomfort in the stitchline but it should not be debilitating or requiring pain killers for relief. 3) Fluid collection under the stitchline usually resolves on its own. However, it is likely to be infected if the lump is red, hot and painful to touch. I suggest you maintain a temperature chart with six hourly temperature readings and if any two readings are above 100'F you should consult your gynaec for investigations followed by appropriate antibiotic course. Best wishes.