By using condom during sexual intercourse can Herpes be prevented ?

im 18, male, still a virgin, at first i thought i had genital warts , but after reading some articles about genital warts and seeing photos of it, i dont think i got warts, instead, i think its more likely HERPES or something, but definitely not warts... can someone please give me some symptoms i should be aware of if this is HERPES? i also dont know how i got this, i had no sexual intercourse yet in my life...could it be hereditary? if i use condom in sexual intercourse, will it prevent transmission?
Asked On : Sun, 29 May 2011