By pass operation. 25% alive heart.Problem with right feed. Pain, can not walk. Treatment?

I am 42 years old woman and before 4 years I make a by pass operation. Because they delay to understand by problem it was very difficult to survive. After of many many ours of operation I am still alive with 25% alive heart. After the operation I start to have problem with my right feed. They used my right leg to keep the heart alive for the operation. Now after 4 years Iam still have a lot of pain and also I can not walk. It’s like a droop foot. 24 ours a day I feel a very big stone on my leg. Please help me for the pain.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Cardiologist 's  Response
dear patient,

Thanks for your health concerns. Given your history, it is likely that you had a vein harvested from the leg for the bypass, and that puts you at risk for swelling of the leg due to pooling of venous blood. Over the course of years, the problem can become worse. Basic things that younshould do to try to improve symptoms include wearing tight compression stockings on that leg and do leg elevations while laying down several times a day, I recommend you to see a vascular physiciannwho can examine you personally and determine further testing

Hope this is useful wish you the best health

Dr Brenes Salazar
Mayo Clinic Rochester