Buzzing sound in ear. Audiogram and tgram normal. Bilovas and cobadex czs prescribed. Will the problem be solved by these medicines?

hi , i could hear a bee buzzing sound in my left year 2 months back . I thought it was temporary and ignored it.later the sound changed to a pressure sound , the same which you hear when you turn on a television. i did my audiogram and tgram tests done and both were normal. the doctor prescribes tab bilovas for a month 3 times a day and neoromet / cobadex czs alternate days for 3 years. will my problem be solved with these medicines...
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query.
Persistent tinnitus is a sign of nerve damage.
Currently there are no drugs ot cure tinnitus.
Lots of doctors do try with a variety of drugs like multivitamins (cobadex czs ) and other drugs but they rarely produce any significant improvement.
You can take the drugs prescribed to you as they will cause no harm but do not expect too much improvement.
Dr Kishori.