Buttocks have tingling sensation, why? Why do fingers numb? Lupus patient, connected?

I cannot sit on chair or bed for more than two mins. Tingling starts in the pressure points in the buttocks and i have to get up to releive the pressure. Similarly I cannot sleep over my arms or rest my head in my palms and lie down to watch TV, because the hands soon starts tingling. At times the area of the palms around the last two fingers become numb. Sometimes(usually at night before going to sleep) there is burning sensation below the feet and also in the palms but goes away after sleep for some time and fine in the morning. Also when I hold any hard object tightly with my hands for a little while, i feel burning sensation in that palm. All these started almost a year and a half back when I suddenly started to feel pain with swelling in one of the knees as well as pain in the joints of some fingers and slight pain in one of the ankles. I visited a rheumatologist who prescribed Depopred( prednisolone ) injection . After that injection the pain in the knees and elsewhere went away in a day or two but these things remained since thereafter, increasing and decreasing in intensity on its own. It may be mentioned that my mother is an SLE( Lupus ) patient diagonosed three years back. I did ANA test twice on the adviceof a doctor and found ANA +ve the first time and -ve the second time. Please throw some light as to what do you think and oblige. Regards Abhijit
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012