Buttock pain post long hours on feet, has turned red in the area of inner thigh. Cause?

Yesterday morning I noticed pain in my left buttock, and again this morning when I awoke. I am a cashier at Michaels Arts and Crafts, and worked 5 hours today on my feet . When I got home from work, my pain left my buttock and is now very painful in my upper inner left thigh, and has started to turn red in an area on my inner left thigh. I have taken 2 aspirins and have traded off ice pack and heat pad, and the pain feels as if it s trying to weaken. What is going on with me? Please help. Thank you!
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

According to your description , buttock and thigh pain seems to be inflammatory in nature.

I advice you to give you rest to your left lower limb, take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin 1 tablet with food as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily) to reduce pain and inflammation and consult your doctor for thorough examination of buttock and thigh and rule out any infective cause.

Wishing you good health
Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi's  Response
redness may suggest inflammation. you need trypsin chymotripsin medicine . take rest n analgesic , cont ice pack. if not relieved show to orthopaedic surgeon