Busy schedule, interrupted sleep, heart rate skips, beats, harder, faster, muscle pain in the left side of the chest. Alarming?

I am 39 yrs. old with a very busy schedule. I have 3 children, my youngest is 2 with down syndrome and diabetes , I only get about 3 hrs. of sleep interrupted a night. My heart rate sometimes skips beats, then beats harder and faster. This happens more when I sit down or rest. It has happened in the past, but here recently it has gotten worse. I had some muscle pain in my left side of my chest earlier this month. It concerned me, but when it went away, I felt better. My older son had a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy this past friday, so my sleep is even less until he recovers. My heart rate has been around 85 even with the skipped beats and harder beating. I haven t gone to the dr. because my kids need me. Does this sound like atrial fib?
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012