Busted lip after hitting table, got it stitched, fluid in the spot, painful, tiny blisters. Advice?

I fell and busted my lip, so the emergency room stitched it up on the outside. After about a month, it continued to bother me- sensitive and a hard lump formed-so after taking antibiotics and heat compresses three time a day for a week, the oral surgeon had to remove it from the inside of my mouth. This was unusually painful after the surgery for about three days. The removed portion was sent for biopsy and determined to be a foreign substance, such as a toothpick or vegetable plant matter. What? So, I thought perhaps I had a wood sliver from the table I hit when I fell. The problem now is that the surgery has been completed to remove the lump, I went to the followup appointment last Friday, but the last two days, I feel as if I have fluid in that spot, it s slightly painful to the touch, and the inside incision seems larger and has tiny blisters in the area. Am I being paranoid, or should I call the doctor? I hate to have to go through that again, but the longer I wait, the harder the lump seems to be.
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012