Busted knuckles, had bleeding, scabbed later, swelling, causing discomfort. Suggestions?

I bust my knuckle a few weeks ago whilst out and during the time I didn t wash it as I didn t know I was bleeding . The next morning I awoke to dry blood around my hand and washed my hand as well as the knuckle. 3 weeks later the cut has scabbed but is red and a tiny bit swollen, when touched the knuckle hurts. I ve pierced the surrounding area with a sterilised needle to see whether puss comes out of it but it just bled no more, so I m suspecting its not swollen but I m not a doctor so I am wondering what I should do as its causing me discomfort.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  52 Awaiting Answer