Burst pilonidal cyst, had medication. What caused it and possible treatment?

May i ask about a burst pilonidal cyst?

I had a small cyst and it got infected after a GP squeezed on it and nothing surfaced - the next day it was massively infected and the day after that there was a cut, and it's been releasing lots of white blood cells and some puss and at the beginning lots of blood.

I've never had this before and the pain was only bad when it was hugely infected - should i need to do anything else now and should i stop worrying - I've on penicillin since it's been infected and it seems to have nearly fully drained. Should i worry the cyst is still there ? I think the GP broke the cyst wall when he squeezed it which caused the infection.

Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013