Burst blood vessels in penis with black and blue discoloration, lump at the penile base. Cause and remedy?

I recently bursted blood vessels in my penis this was a pretty bad burst my penis filled up with blood went black and blue and so did my balls and now I have a pea sized lump at the base of my penis underneath the skin write about in the same place where is very large vein is. What is this and is there any treatment for it surgery or anything to get rid of it
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have bleeding in subcutaneous plane of your penis due to injury to one of the dilated tributaries of dorsal vein of penis .

You have not mentioned about whether it happened after injury or masturbation .

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and further treatment,

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily .and apply topical ointment like Thrombophob twice daily.